Sunday, October 24, 2010

Ponderings....

Sometimes I wonder if I will ever get Australia out of my blood. I got home and felt so discontent and even transferred schools and yet, Aussie Aussie Aussie!! Its a good thing though, I'm not floating around with my head stuck on another continent but I really do miss it. So now I'm here in Nashville, Tennessee studying communications and worship arts but I'm still working on adjusting. One way that Australia has really affected me is that when I left for Australia I wanted to study music and communications so that I could work at a music magazine but now I'm being led a different direction. I'm excited because I have been thinking that I want to work for a non-profit organization like Fair Trade or Global Sister Goods. I want to do something with my life that will benefit someone other than myself whether that be leading worship full time at a church or working for a non-profit organization making sure that little children in Africa have water or that people harvesting the coffee beans that I enjoy so much are getting paid fair wages. It's exhilarating! I've been searching for an internship these past couple months and am going to start e-mailing some connections to see if God brings anything my way. An internship at a church leading worship and event planning or working for a non-profit organization are the two places I am really looking at so I'm just having faith that God will lead me as he has been doing the past nine months so faithfully. He laid this verse upon my heart a few months ago and it is still something I cling to:

"The Lord says, I will guide you along the best path for your life. I will advise you and watch over you."
Psalm 32:8

No comments:

Post a Comment